High Transit LLC traces its roots back to 1931 and the founding of High Welding Co. by Sanford and Ben High.  The company continued to grow and began bridge rehabilitation work.  High purchased its first tractor trailer in 1949.  The first welded girders produced by High were delivered in 1959. High welding grew in the bridge business and received its first major project, the Columbia Wrightsville Bridge, which prompted the purchase of heavier, larger trucks.  High Welding Company’s name was changed to High Steel Structures Inc.  As the fleet grew and High Steel’s market area expanded, escorted loads became the norm.  The first fleet of escort vehicles consisted of Super Beetles and Chevrolet ½ Ton Pickups. Larger loads like tub girders prompted the move from single-axle to tandem-axle tractors.  The escort fleet grew in size and the first tri-axle steerable dollies were purchased.  Projects continued to grow in size with gross weights up to over 320,000 pounds.  The fleet’s equipment was expanded to include four-axle jeeps in combination with four-axle steerable dollies.  High Transit LLC was established in 2006, incorporating the fleet functions of High Steel Structures, High Concrete Group, and High Steel Service Center.  In order to serve its internal and external customers, High Transit has expanded its fleet to include multi-axle steerable dollies and tri-axle trailors.

Website - High Transit, LLC

2015 WAA Delivery Locations - 

PAIGNA - Indiantown Gap National Cemetery

 

2016 WAA Delivery Locations - 

PAIGNA - Indiantown Gap National Cemetery